- Lady Gaga: Portrait of a Lady (here via The Advocate) - “My love for my gay fans is just pure, authentic love for them as supporters of me from the beginning, and me feeling connected to their struggles as someone who is a part of their fight,” she says.
- Chris Geidner of Metro Weekly Attempts to Explain Obama's LGBT Legal Reasoning (here via Village Voice) - "Ever confused about just what the Obama administration's legal reasoning is when it comes to LGBT rights? So are we! And when we can't quite make out just what it is Obama is trying to do legally, we often turn to lawyer-journalist Chris Geidner of Metro Weekly and the Poliglot blog."
- HRC to Rich Swier: Have a Responsible Conversation about Bullying with Ally Hudson Taylor (here via Human Rights Campaign) - "The invitation comes following remarks in which Swier called anti-LGBT youth bullying “healthy.” Swier made his comments after the group Gulf Coast Gives, which supports civic enhancement projects in the Gulf region, announced its intention to raise funds to bring Hudson Taylor to Florida for an event."
- Brenda 'Sue' Fulton, Openly Gay Veteran, Named To West Point Advisory Board (here via Huffington Post) - "President Barack Obama has named Brenda S. “Sue” Fulton to the Board of Visitors of the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, making her the first openly gay or lesbian person to serve there."
- Assembly OKs bill to add LGBT figures to textbooks (here via San Francisco Chronicle) - "After a long and intense debate, the bill, SB48, was approved on a nearly party-line vote by the Assembly with one Republican joining Democrats to vote in favor. The bill adds LGBT Americans, as well as people with disabilities, to an already existing list of groups that must be included in social science instruction."
---- Click Here to "Like" GLUEamerica on Facebook ----
---- Click Here to Follow GLUEamerica on Twitter----
Thank you for your support!