- City implements lottery to accomodate gay marriage applicants (here via NY Post) - ”Gay couples who want to make history this weekend in New York City will need reservations and luck. So many couples have applied to get married this Sunday -- the first day same-sex weddings become legal here -- that the city has instituted a lottery to select the fortunate 764 it can accommodate.”
- Paul Oetken Confirmed To Federal Bench (first openly gay man on the federal bench) (here via NY Daily News) - ” James Paul Oetken - a Greenwich Village resident and adjunct law professor at Fordham University - was approved for the prestigious post by an 80-to-13 margin. President Obama had nominated Oetken, 46, in January. ‘His confirmation moves us one step closer toward equality,’ said Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.). Oetken will now work as a federal judge for the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York - one of the most influential and active federal courts in the nation.”
- Does new law elevate sexuality in our schools? (here via Manteca Bulletin) - ” Was Aristotle gay? And what about speculation that Leonardo DiVinci was also gay? Given their contributions, does it really matter? Apparently it does to the California Legislature but only if they were Americans. The new state law requires California public schools to teach students about the contributions of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender Americans. And who says what goes on in the bedroom between consenting adults is a private matter. The first law of its kind in the nation is aimed at increasing tolerance. And how else to do it but teach kids that your sexuality is something to flaunt in public right up there with other character traits.”
- HRC takes on Bachmann's homophobia, support of "ex-gay" therapy (here via ChicagoPride.com) - Human Rights Campaign is taking on what it calls Michele Bachmann's anti-gay track record, which includes homophobic statements and practices. The nation's largest lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) civil rights organization is calling on the candidates for the Republican 2012 Presidential nomination to disavow the dangerous "ex-gay" or "reparative" therapies endorsed by Bachmann and her husband Dr. Marcus Bachmann.”
- Bishop Gene Robinson Warns of Spiritual Arrogance Towards Homosexuals (here via The Christian Post) - ” Gene Robinson, the Episcopal Church's first openly gay bishop, conducted an adult faith forum Sunday at the Episcopal Church of the Advent in Louisville, KY. The Episcopal Church orchestrated an adult faith forum to discuss issues surrounding homosexuality and its role in Christianity on Sunday. Bishop V. Gene Robinson, ordained in 2004 as an openly homosexual clergyman, spoke to a group of 50 people about the importance of heterosexuals avoiding the adoption of superior attitudes towards gay Christians.”
---- Click Here to Follow GLUEamerica on Twitter----
Thank you for your support!